[thelist] [study] which way is quickest

Koutoulas, Pete PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us
Mon Dec 23 10:13:01 CST 2002

On Monday, December 23, 2002 10:53 AM, Hans-Frédéric Fraser wrote:

> All I can say is read, read, read, do!
>
> Keep a well balanced schedule! I read at least an hour every night
> before going to bed! and 2 to 3 day a week I reserve myself 2 to 3
> hours to test what I have learned and work on personal projects that
> incorporates new technologies and concepts that I have learned!
>
> After going through a new book on a new technology and doing what you
> had to do to really! understanding it (usually a project of some
> kind) take a break and read something totally irrelevant to your work
> ! but keep on reading .. Study habits die very fast and if you keep
> your brain constantly juggling new concepts and ideas the faster you
> will learn them!
>
> The reason for the break is easy! your brain still assimilates what
> you have learned days after you have read it! and if you don¹t give
> it time to assimilate it properly it will forget large part of what
> you have learned!
>
> An other thing! think! think! think! before you test program or do
> design in your head before you put them to test think of exactly how
> you are going to do them. What programming structure you will have
> how is the design going to be give yourself options! and when you get
> to your testing time on the computer it will be maximize and if it
> doesn't work then you can find out what went wrong! the best place
> for these is on your way to work and right before going to sleep
> (beats counting sheep!)
>
> My 2 cents!

Hans-Frédéric, by any chance! did you ever! work writing comic book dialog!
Sorry! Couldn't resist! :-)

<tip type="search">When troubleshooting Microsoft errors in ASP or anything
else for that matter, I have gotten better results quicker by simply pasting
the error message into the Google Toolbar than using MS's slow and clunky KB
search.</tip>

  [ pete ]

This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public Schools in
Lexington, KY.
Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
postmaster at fcps.net