[thelist] [study] which way is quickest

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Thu Dec 26 09:11:01 CST 2002

Howdy,

I've instilled within myself to make myself as valuable as possible. After
learning some 20 odd different Internet programming/coding languages, all
built off one another, I only want to learn more. (See my profile on
evolt.org to see what they are). I try to dedicate anywhere from 1/5th to
1/4th of may day reading, testing, and practicing new and old stuff. The
other times, I spend actually doing work and spending time with my family. I
try to incorporate my work and the new things I learn, thus pushing my
knowledge even further. Basically when I pick up something new, I take a
look at it and see if I can use it or not, and its other possible
applications. The I look at the Industry trend to see if this item is in its
future. If so, I'll take a closer look, otherwise it goes on my res as
something I'm familiar with. I want to continuously expose my brain to new
and innovative ideas in hopes of sparking new ideas and approaches to take
on new or existing tasks. My philosophy is simple, "Whatever works, but
works best."

This career you've chosen is quite demanding at times and have grown a few
gray hairs off it (losing a few too). My advice is to take it in stride.
Take the time to learn something you're interested in and even more time in
something that you don't understand.

Bottom Line:
-----------
Read

Merry Christmas,

Rob.Smith

Hi,

I would like to receive some input from the list on which methods
you guys use to study new design technologies. The vast amount of
material related to this field seems to be growing daily. How do
you all keep up while still having to earn an income. How much do
you study and how do you study [do you just read through, do you
take detailed notes, do you just highlight, etc]. It just seems
like 24 hours in a day is not enough.

All input is appreciated

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/