[thelist] Suggestion for Backend

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Fri Dec 27 01:15:01 CST 2002

Hello Listees :

	A client has come up wanting to create a site that will be used to publish tutorials.  As such, I was thinking that I would try and find an open source backend that I can customize for this purpose.  Here are the features that I am looking for :

	(*) Geared towards the display of code
	(*) Can generate/read RSS feeds
	(*) Statistic methods (most popular tutorials, etc.)
	(*) User comments
	(*) Forums

	I have found a few that have some of these features -- but I would like to know if you guys can recommend any.  Any suggestions are welcome.  I am hoping for one that has a PHP + mySQL structure.  At first I decided to write my own using Smarty + PHP, but then I thought that it might be easier to customize one already available.

Best regards.

Burhan Khalid
burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
2002-12-27