[thelist] IE resize to full screen- via JavaScript

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Sun Dec 29 17:06:01 CST 2002

".jeff" wrote:

>don't bother with the moveTo() method call.  instead, simply include top
and
>left parameters in the third argument (bits).

Isn't that just Irish over Scotch? Anyways, (me thinks without my dannyg to
hand), Top and left, aren't always supported? I've can't recall having seen
it referred before with an open window JS, so I'm guessing it's fairly new.

>next, don't ever call the focus() method of the window object without first
>checking that it's supported.

Hey! Don't ever tell me "don't ever" ... ;)

The original poster wanted an IE intranet solution. "focus" is therefore
more than fine. In fact, I cant think of a reason why it isn't always fine,
but I'm willing to learn.

Kind regards,
Liam Delahunty