[thelist] I've been away a while and am looking for free hosting sites

j.d. welch so.there at showtunepink.com
Sun Dec 29 19:58:01 CST 2002

this may be a bit contentious, but what about running a webserver on
your own machine?  if it's just for playing around/development, i've
found it's much more useful to just learn some apache and be done with
it.  i tried the free host route for a while, but the
edit-upload-fix-upload again cycle is just maddening; configuring your
local apache config to match your target ISPs (or whatever) is (to me)
the far less painless option.

    J.D. Welch			|    so.there at showtunepink.com
    graphic designer    	|    http://www.showtunepink.com
    web developer       	|    https://kitschparade.ath.cx