[thelist] dynamic includes in ASP?

Sam Carter sam at nativeintelligence.com
Tue Dec 31 08:17:01 CST 2002

My 2 cents:

The server side execute's edge over the server side include is that the
object filename can be parameterized on the execute, and is a static
variable (unchangeable) on the include.

I use Includes for headers and footers, not content - I have thought
about it.  The obstacle I don't want to deal with is I *do* use a
wysiwyg editor for content and the includes need to be includable by the
editor.  DW MX will do this for a static include, not a server execute.

Good luck with your design.  I'd like to hear your thoughts about how
well it works for you.

Sam