when is some too much? WAS RE: [thelist] Link Types

Sam Carter sam at nativeintelligence.com
Thu Jan 2 19:03:01 CST 2003

It seems to me that <head><link > to home / prev could be more
appropriate on some pages than others?

I can imagine some sites (like web based training) that maintain
fully-accessible links to content / glossary / index / home / prev /
next on every page.  Why add <link >?

I can also imagine page design that go to lengths not to present links
in the content.  <head><link > provides an excellent way to retain
accessibility without altering the author's visual design.

I've coded pages with keystroke accessibility, skipnav links, verbose
ALT tags, voice classes to spell or speak, titles to enhance anchor
tags.  If there is an incremental benefit to adding <link > on those
pages, it is not clear to me.  I'd appreciate any contrary feedback if
I'm wrong about this.

Sam