[thelist] browser upgrade campaign gone wrong

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Thu Jan 2 19:23:01 CST 2003

On January 02, 2003 at 20:05, Sam Carter wrote:

> How to you customize the UA string in a browser?  I'd like to try it.

You need to change a registry key, a good explanation can be had here:

Of course the usual caveats apply to changing your registry settings eh ;-)
Like tweaking Windows? Besides the tool offered from the URI above, the web
site of http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui will always have TweakUI,
a must have IMHO. I've used the forums on their site to overcome a number of
Windows "annoyances" for myself and clients, good resource if you're willing to
dig a bit for what you need to know and willing to experiment.

Regards,

	Mark Groen

MG Web Services
Web Site Hosting and Development