when is some too much? WAS RE: [thelist] Link Types

RUST Randal RRust at COVANSYS.com
Fri Jan 3 06:25:01 CST 2003

John Allsopp said:

> And there's six sigma in quality control, where (correct me
> if I'm wrong), you try to reach a very low level of rejects.
>
> Isn't there a similar figure for websites .. this website is
> accessible by 99.999% of the people on Earth? If there is, I
> don't know of one.

That's a really good question.  My wife is getting ready to begin six sigma
training.  Basically you want to have 99.8 or 99.9% of your product perfect
- in other words no defects.

If you applied this to the Web, a lot of people would be looking for new
jobs, because they wouldn't want to put up with the extra requirements.
Personally I think that it would be a good thing.

Randal