[thelist] SQL Dates

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Jan 3 11:06:14 CST 2003

> SQL is really picky about what format you use when using dates, and this
> can often cause many hours of pulling your hair out. I speak from
> experience.

i understand your frustration   ;o)

> The normal Date() or  Now() functions will often throw up unexpected
> errors

um, no

they work just fine, and if you are having problems, let's see your
problems, because i'll buy you a coffee *and* a doughnut if you can actually
prove that those functions don't work even once

> (don't forget to use those delimiters [#'s] when working with dates!)

this would apply only to microsoft access, hardly a very good example of a
database that is compliant with standard sql

by the way, those delimiters are called octothorps

;o)

rudy