[thelist] site check and test: http://mackerel.eddystone.com/site2003V2/

j.d. welch so.there at showtunepink.com
Fri Jan 3 11:42:01 CST 2003

generally, it looks very nice; quick and simple, as you intended.  my
nitpicks: in the .content class, i'd either do a full border (not just
top and left) or none at all; it looks more 'broken' than a variation
on all the other boxed content.  i actually think leaving the border
off entirely would be strongest, as the difference in background sets
off the main content block already.  also, they've got a beautiful
logo, i'd replace the text page headers ('applications' 'hosting' etc)
with graphical versions in the typeface of that logo, and perhaps the
company name as well.  it's a lot of text, and i think even
text-in-graphics would break it up a bit.  i'd also try hard to match
the blues in the borders to the blues in the logo, just for consistency
(that and i think it's fun finding hex approximations for pantone
colors).

works reasonably in chimera 0.6 & ie 5.2 / os x

-jd

    J.D. Welch			|    so.there at showtunepink.com
    graphic designer    	|    http://www.showtunepink.com
    web developer       	|    https://kitschparade.ath.cx