[thelist] Genealogy database schema

Steve Lewis slewis at macrovista.net
Fri Jan 3 15:03:04 CST 2003

Mike Migurski wrote:

> I like the gencom/mormon approach that someone else referred to in this
> thread, but it's definitely overkill for a single-family geneology.
> Besides, I the one page that would serve to provide a clean introductory
> overview of the project is a little on the terse side:
> http://www.gendex.com/gedcom55/55gcmod.htm
I disagree that it is overkill.  I set my grandmother up with Gencom on
an old 286 back in 1993 and she is still plugging away. She had no
computer skills and only needed to be shown how to start the software,
and how to back up her data; their application did the rest.

This is an excellent tool, well worth the purchase price.
--Steve