[thelist] Mozilla mail (was Free Tip on Outlook 2k )

Christopher Joseph christopher at ideadesigners.com
Sat Jan 4 16:15:01 CST 2003

R.Livsey wrote:
> Timothy J. Luoma wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 17:15:54 +0000, Christopher Joseph
>> <christopher at ideadesigners.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am in the process of changing from outlook on win2k to mozilla mail on
>>> win2k. Are there any GOTCHAs that I should be watching out for?
>>

>> I did this not too long ago and it seemed to work pretty smoothly (this
>> was for a goodly sized number of messages ~5000 or so.
>>   TjL
>

> I did it a couple of weeks ago when OXP crashed and wouldnt come back.
> Got fed up so figured Id give Moz Mail a go.
>
> Had 4 psts, one of which was around 3Gb (a fair bit of mail!). Set moz
> importing from outlook and came back to it the next day (it took a
> while, cant say how long but I set it going at 1am and by 9am it was
> done) and all was well.
>
> Have to say that so far I'm *very* impressed.
>
> R.Livsey

Well I let Moz loose on my outlook PST and although there were a few
fits and starts (I am using the beta version 1.3a) I happily converted a
fairly large mail file (which included a "The List" archive of at least
the last year or so). What is more it imported addresses and
connections. Very impressed so far like you say - half tempted to join
the mozilla evangelising mob! ;) ......now if I could just get GPG to work.

--
Christopher Joseph

http://www.ideadesigners.com  [iseries & web technologies]
mailto: christopher at ideadesigners.com