[thelist] Invalid JS Link

Christopher Joseph christopher at ideadesigners.com
Mon Jan 6 06:55:01 CST 2003

Olly Hodgson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am building a site in xHTML 1.0 Transitional. The pages all validate,
> except for this link:
>
> <a
> href="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?Postcode2Map?code=OX4+2SU&title=Edmund+Gibbs+Location+Map&nolocal=X">
>

> Which throws up errors like:
>
> cannot generate system identifier for general entity "title" reference not
> terminated by REFC delimiter reference to external entity in attribute
> value cannot generate system identifier for general entity "nolocal"
> reference not terminated by REFC delimiter reference to external entity in
> attribute value
>
> How would I go about fixing this sort of thing?

I think that the link should look like this:

<a
href="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?Postcode2Map?code=OX4+2SU&amp;title=Edmund+Gibbs+Location+Map&amp;nolocal=X">

i.e. the link is hardcoded in the page with the &title and &nolocal
namespace variables as &variable=value rather than &amp;variable=value.

--
Christopher Joseph

http://www.ideadesigners.com  [iseries & web technologies]
mailto: christopher at ideadesigners.com