[thelist] Unfamiliar with MAC OS X, how do I see the size of a file

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Jan 7 05:49:01 CST 2003

At 6:26 AM -0600 1/7/03, <john at johnallsopp.co.uk> wrote:
>I have a client who uses Mac OS X, and we're playing with jpeg compression
>so I wanted to see the file sizes. She didn't know how to do that, and nor

If you focus a file by single clicking on it, get info on the file my
hitting command-i ("the command key is next to the space bar").

To see file sizes in a directory: If you're looking at a directory
and there are not browser-like buttons at the top, click the oblong
button in the NE corner of the window. View the directory as a list
by clicking the middle part of the three buttons in one button
labeled "view". File size is one of the columns.

>And if anyone knows how to get at the UNIX underpinnings that would be nice.

[disk] > Applications > Utilities > Terminal

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/