[thelist] IIS Not serving revised pages

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Wed Jan 8 10:10:25 CST 2003

gary,

> I have been having a re-occurring problem with some sites (or just pages) on
> our IIS running on win2000.
>
> Heres what happens ... I will modify a page and post it to the web server,
> but the page the server passes out is the old page.  I have even deleted
> pages completely and IIS still passes them out (which should be impossible).
> I have also noticed this when deleting an entire site.  Has anyone else seen
> this problem, or better yet a solution.  The only thing that works for us is
> to create a new web and delete the old one.

that sounds like a proxy server somewhere between you and your web server. do you
have physical access to the box? what happens if you browse it locally on the
server?
you can try playing with the content expires headers, but then you may have to
wait until the proxy clears itself....

right click the site in IIS --> properties --> HTTP Headers

good luck,

nagrom
http://www.morgankelsey.com/