[thelist] form reference conundrum

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Wed Jan 8 12:17:01 CST 2003

> I'm trying to access an element in my form to write a value to it.
> I'm using the DOM lvl 0 as I always do, yet its not working and it
> seems it should..maybe someone can point out my error.

<tip type="DOM Debugging Tool" author="Hershel Robinson">

I have found IBM's DOMBrowser at:
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/aw.nsf/reqs/dombrowser

to be, at times, an invaluable tool in debugging DOM issues.  The DOMBrowser
provides an expandable tree of the DOM objects and will show a window
listing ALL properties of each object and their value.  It allows you to
change the values and watch what happens.

One tip for the DOMBrowser that I didn't notice at first: When you put the
mouse over an object in the DOMBrowser window, that corresponding object
appears shaded in the subject browser.

</tip>

They have a bizarre license for the thing, too.  Go check it out. :)

Hershel