[thelist] Validation question

Roger Ly rogerly at bareviking.com
Wed Jan 8 12:21:00 CST 2003

I'm trying to get a page of mine to validate as HTML 4.0 Transitional,
but I can't get my form's image submit button to validate.

It says that width, height and border are deprecated attributes for
<input> tags.  I can see omitting the width/height tags (though I would
imagine it would make rendering the button a little slower for the
browser since it has to calculate the size of the image, but when I omit
the border attribute, Netscape puts the silly blue border around the
button when it renders the page (since it defaults to border=1).

I can't seem to come up with a good CSS style that will allow me to set
the border=0 in Netscape.

input { border: 0px; } /* this doesn't do it */

Example: http://members.evolt.org/rogerly/imagebutton.html

Any thoughts?

TIA,

Roger