[thelist] calling a php file and submitting a form?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 15:14:01 CST 2003

--- RUST Randal <RRust at COVANSYS.com> wrote:

The values are passed to the next page via the $_GET or $_POST array,
depending on the method that you have selected from your form. So
basically what you want to do is either have an intermediate
page with your PHP script on it that performs the actions on the data
that you want.

Yep, get that. Unfortunatly I can't have an intermediate page. The
POST info has to go to a off the shelf package. (cart.bok,
storesense). If that page doesn't get the post values direct from the
page I'm on, the whole game is kaput.

> Personally, I'd post the data to the same page as the form and
> check it there.  Then forward the user if the data passes
> validation.

That's not a bad idea.. I could set a flag and after I post it the
first time and do my thing, then I could submit the form again to the
other url..would that work?

What I am really wanting to do is use my PHP page to do a quick
little DB thing. I can't do this, of course in a proprietary page
that doesn't understand PHP.

Isn't there some way to post one form to two urls? I suppose I can
duplicate the data and submit two forms...trying to do it easiest as
possible.

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();