[thelist] JavaScript memory leak

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Thu Jan 9 12:11:12 CST 2003

--
I am aware that on pages with a large amount of data stored in temporal
JavaScript data structures, there can occur what are called 'memory leaks.'
These are, I believe, instances when some of this temporal memory is lost
for reasons not entirely clear.

I am working on an IE6-only site and I understand that this memory leak
problem does affect IE.  I know, it's shocking to think that a Micro$oft
product could have a flaw, but this is the word on the street.

Anyone have any familiarity with and further information concerning this
issue?  Specifically, are there any known memory amounts at which leaks
begin to occur?  We need to decide whether or not to load around 50K worth
of data into the page or get it from the server as each chunk is needed
client-side.

Thanks,
Hershel
--
[ winmail.dat was deleted, please don't send attachments with your message. ]