[thelist] "Clickable" PDF's

j.d. welch so.there at showtunepink.com
Thu Jan 9 15:15:01 CST 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 02:55  PM, Janet Green wrote:

> Ok group, really dumb question here - what is the proper name for a
> "clickable" PDF file, meaning a PDF document with active hyperlinks?
> And - is Acrobat the primary program used to make these? On my machine
> I only have the Reader and Distiller, but not the full version of
> Acrobat. Thanks...

i haven't heard anything other than just calling it a PDF.  you can add
hyperlinks in Acrobat, but not by, say, highlighting a bit of text and
adding a link, so i'm not sure how useful that is if you've got lots of
them to add.  i use indesign (page layout), pdflatex (typesetting
system), htmldoc (html to pdf converter) to make PDFs with real links.
-jd

    J.D. Welch			|    so.there at showtunepink.com
    graphic designer    	|    http://www.showtunepink.com
    web developer       	|    https://kitschparade.ath.cx