[thelist] Mercury Mail [Urgent]

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 9 21:57:01 CST 2003

Using Mercury Mail v3.32 I had ticked the don't relay non local mail
option and thought that would protect me from having spam relayed
through my computer.

This morning when my Dad got up he found the computer's hard drive going
crazy, and when he went to the mail it was processing heaps of spam jobs
and saying OK after each one despite the settings.

Does this mean it was still relaying them despite my messages, and if so
what are the settings I should give Mercury to disallow relaying? If
not, why does it say OK after each one, and how can i block these
spammers from being able to connect at all?

TIA
--
Lach
Web: http://illuminosity.net/