[thelist] Validate (was: Initial site check)

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Jan 10 11:05:01 CST 2003

Benjer <mailto:futureweb at macmail.com> wrote:

> Line 35 , column 27 :there is no attribute "HEIGHT" (explain... ).
> cellspacing="0">
>
> ??

when i see your ?? i think of two things, 1. you are not sure what it
means when it says "there is no attribute 'HEIGHT'" or 2. you do not
know what alternatives you have.

> Also I had lots of LI errors so I wrapped them in  a UL:

i believe that is the proper way to do it anyways. i mean, you don't use

> Line 92 , column 14 :document type does not allow element "UL" here;
> missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON"
> start-tag <ul><li>We ....

that one i'm not sure about because i don't know what tags the <ul><li>
valid and good, but there is most likely a problem with what you were
putting them in.

hth,
chris.