[thelist] Querystring Question

John Paul Ashenfelter maillists at transitionpoint.com
Fri Jan 10 13:20:01 CST 2003

Don't know off the top of my head what the relevant specification is for
query strings, if there is one, but I *do* know that the 256 character
"restriction" was a result of code in some early browsers and servers. That
*may* be because of an RFC, but I haven't run into a restriction in years.

As an aside, though, I'd POST the data for a number of reasons and so this
becomes a non-issue.

Regards,

John Paul Ashenfelter
CTO/Transitionpoint