[thelist] https question

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Mon Jan 13 13:03:01 CST 2003

> So, it's really just an academic question. In the real world, if we are
> concerned about trust and not losing a sale (in the case of e-commerce) then
> the submitting page should also be accessed through https.

i always put the first secure link on the checkout link, that the "page you have
requested is secure blah blah blah" box comes up right before the first page of
checkout, and the first page of checkout will have the secured icon.

that seems to be the typical way of doing it, though as we've all learned now (if
you've been reading this thread), the only page that really *needs* to be locked
is the one that receives the credit card form-post.

nagrom
http://www.morgankelsey.com