[thelist] HTML Kit vs. HomeSite

Raymond Camden ray at camdenfamily.com
Mon Jan 13 13:42:01 CST 2003

Well, there was a patch released about a week or so ago, so development
is still going on. The patch also unlocks the customization that was
removed because of the Adobe lawsuit, so if you left HomeSite+ because
of that, you can return. There is now a HomeSite 5.2 and HomeSite+ 5.2 -
you can consider HomeSite+ the same as ColdFusion Studio. The 5.2
release is _very_ stable and is worth upgrading to. Some more info from
MACR:

 HS+ (5.1) is ColdFusion Studio 5 renamed with a few fixes and new tags
for
CFMX and new functions.

All the HomeSite related changes that went into HS+ are now also in HS
5.2.
HomeSite 5.2 and HomeSite+ 5.2 have been updated with the same bugfixes.
The only difference being that the HS+ family of products is CFS.

Altogether there are four products:

HomeSite+ 5.2 full installer (you don't need to have HS+
-- already released
HomeSite+ 5.2 updater installer (for those that already have HS+
-- already released
http://dynamic.macromedia.com/bin/MM/software/trial/hwswrec.jsp?product=
hsp_
updater
HomeSite 5.2 full
-- will be released soon
HomeSite 5.2 updater
-- will be released soon

The HomeSite 5.2 updater and full installers are free for those users
that
have any type of HomeSite 5 serial number.
The HomeSite+ 5.2 updater and full installers are free for those users
that
have any type of ColdFusion Studio 5 or HomeSite+ (Dreamweaver MX or
Studio
MX) serial number.

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Mindseye, Inc

Email    : jedimaster at mindseye.com
WWW      : www.camdenfamily.com/morpheus
Yahoo IM : morpheus

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/