[thelist] Dynamic PDF files - Mac Users

Kathleen Heytink K_HEYTINK at winebow.com
Mon Jan 13 15:17:00 CST 2003

I need some help from the Mac users on the list.

We have some dynamically generated pdf files on our web site (and even more
on our intranet site).  The pdf file is filled with information from our
database and corresponds with the information that is displayed on the web
site.

Other than the download time for dial up users (we're working on it!), our
Windows users don't seem to have a problem with them.  Some of our Mac
users, on the other hand keep getting an error message from MSIE that says
something like, "Internet Explorer doesn't know how to handle this file."

They seem to be using different types of Mac OS and different versions of
MSIE.  I don't think any of our Mac users are using any other browser, but
IE.

The files can be found on any of our Italian wine pages, but here's one to
try - http://www.winebow.com/shortdet.asp?ID=206

If anyone has any idea how we can tell IE for Macs how to handle these
files, I'd love to hear about.  This problem has our Windows IT people
stumped and the people who developed the application for us report that
their Mac users can view the files.  We've tried to find out what is
different from one Mac to the other, but there seem to be too many
variables.

-- Kath ...
work --> www.winebow.com
home --> www.cyber-kat.com --> topkat at cyber-kat.com --