[thelist] Site Check Request

Olena Sullivan olena at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 13 20:04:03 CST 2003

Mike W. wrote:

++++++++++++

Hi All,

http://www.duelofages.com

I am especially interested in feedback from Mac people.

++++++++++++

I am on a Titanium, and viewed your site using Netscape 6.2. Looks good
except that on all sub pages where you list the descriptions of the
characters, every paragraph of text, except for the first one is black,
which makes it hard to see on the dark background.

For an example, see
http://www.duelofages.com/history/character.php?ID=71. The paragraph
that begins "Tassinor III was a biological marvel." is in white. All the
following paragraphs are black text. This is on every page.

The problems seems to be the following:

The first paragraph begins with a <p> tag
It ends with a <p/> tag instead of a </p> tag
The following black text paragraphs have no beginning <p> tags and end
with <p/> tags.

I have never seen paragraphs coded this way and this is probably where
your problem is. At least, it's causing a problem with Netscape on MAC.

:) Olena Sullivan