[thelist] zope: a few questions

seb potter seb at members.evolt.org
Tue Jan 14 07:15:01 CST 2003

> > I'm currently experimenting with a way of presenting the *entire* Zope DB,
> > with any kind of object, as a file system device that you can traverse from
> > a command line as per any normal folder. It'll make source-control issues
> > in zope a thing of the past.
>
> are you referring to Directory Storage? I haven't tried it out yet but would
> be interested to hear about your experiences. As it just went 1.0 I've been
> holding off...

No. I've looked at Directory Storage, but it's really nowhere near the
level of complete abstraction of the ZODB that I'm thinking of. My idea
is that *every* object would be directly editable (within security
constraints, of course) through an object broker. This is still
something I'm working on, but it's something that hasn't been tried
before as far as I am aware.

- seb

seb potter - seb at poked.org
http://poked.org - It's what you value.