[thelist] HTML Kit vs. HomeSite and TopStyle

Koutoulas, Pete PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us
Tue Jan 14 09:20:02 CST 2003

On Monday, January 13, 2003 4:23 PM, Tony Crockford wrote:

> It's not just me, and it does offer all that Homesite does and more.
>
> Other people that like it:
>
> http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum83/188.htm
> http://tinyurl.com/4eno

Tony, I appreciate your help, but how can you make the statement above when
the first review you site says:

{Quote}While not as full featured as HS (or other dedicated HTML editors) by
any means, the features that ARE present make this an interesting offering.
Just don't look for many of the traditional HTML editor features such as
table or frame templates. Forget about a javascript code snippet library or
a list of CFML tags. In fact, don't even look for a list of HTML tags to
insert. However, the combination of features offered stands out enough to
cause some serious consideration.{/End Quote}

Sounds like Nick Bradbury has a ways to go if he is intending to recreate
all the functionality of his seminal HomeSite product, if that's what he has
in mind with TopStyle (which I doubt).

    [ pete ]

This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public Schools in
Lexington, KY.
Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
postmaster at fcps.net