[thelist] HTML Kit vs. HomeSite

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 09:22:02 CST 2003

> <:>
> > It also fully integrates with FTP voyager
> > allowing on the server editing.
> <:>
>   Does this work in TopStyle 2.5?

I'd say it would, it's a function of FTP voyager rather than Topstyle.

FTP voyager will use any app you define to edit any file type you
define, so whilst ftp'd onto your server you can double click the file
you want to edit, FTP Voyager downloads it, opens it in your editor of
choice and then when you click save in your editor and return to ftp
voyager it confirms that you wish to upload and stop/continue editing.

Depending on the speed of your connection this might be a useful
feature.

Topstyle customers get discount on FTP voyager too.

http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle/thirdparty/ftpvoyager.asp

&

https://rhinosoft.com/topstyle/

I'm using both apps and I can say that I'm finding them very useful, and
I won't switch now.

Integrated CSS/XHTML editing and FTP'ing (including synchronisation)  I
also like the snippets and easy insert code options as well as the
helpful hinting and syntax checking. and the side by side previewing in
IE & Mozilla is very useful!

makes for better first time results more often.

The main reason I switched to TS3.0 was the automatic XHTML updating
feature, but I've found so much since that I like...

depending on when you bought TS2.5 you might be eligible for a free
upgrade (after May 1 2002) but the upgrade to 3 is US$24.95 and FTP
voyager is US$31.96 (1yr upgrades and 20%discount included)

No affiliation (at least not through the main site!)

HTH

Tony