[thelist] Head Hunters, Staffing Agencis and Job Hunting Tips

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Jan 14 10:42:00 CST 2003

Ben Henick noted:

>>Again, a lot of this has to do with approaches.  Research, research,
>>research.  There are directories with listings of mid-level and senior
>>managers at all manner of companies - and certainly a well-appointed
>>library is likely to have a few.

Hi Ben,

I'll just stick my 2¢ in here and mention the value that membership and
_attendance_ at professional society meetings can have to a job seeker.

While I suppose that technology or IT groups might be worthwhile - here I'm
talking more of an 'industry' level or 'functional' level approach.  If you
want to work in health care, there are quite a few health care groups you
could investigate joining. If you want to work in supply chain, you could
make good contacts at an APICS meeting.

That kind of thing.

Hey. Impressing a purchasing manager with what you could do for him <sigh />
if only his company's IT folks would hire you ... gives you a 'champion' on
the inside - and you can't beat that with a stick!

RonL.