[thelist] Mediating Client Disputes

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Tue Jan 14 10:44:01 CST 2003

This is a delicate situation, but I would think the first step would be contacting them (in writing) saying something like:

"We're sorry to hear that there are issues with the work we did for you.  We'll be happy to fix them, however, we need a detailed written list of all the problems.  However, if you are unable to present such a list to us within 10 business days, we will need the payment you contractually [I'm assuming there was a contract] agreed to pay us for the work performed."

If they don't provide a list or payment within an acceptable timeframe, you'll have to decide just how valuable that client really is and whether it's time for a more legalistic/lawyerly response.

Also, the contact should have a section on dispute resolutions for just this type of situation.

Good luck!

Scott