[thelist] CSS-P degradation help needed

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Jan 14 19:32:01 CST 2003

> I appreciate all the feedback I can get.  It's not like you think I'm
> a complete git and that our org is stupid, just that we choose the
> wrong path for the design of the home page. 8-)

oh heck, no -- not wrong, just too busy for my taste

thanks for understanding, and not reacting defensively

i readily admit to being weird about not putting too much on a web page,
that is, if you go by how many sites are doing it and how many aren't

have you seen what that new home page looks like in netscape 4 with images
turned off? that's actually more usable, to my way of thinking, even though
it's got the same amount of content

oh, and i forgot to praise you for something else about which i am also
decidedly weird, again judging by the prevailing practice of the majority of
sites

your font is readable!!  i don't have to squint at it!!   woohoo!!

i peeked at your style sheet and noticed quite a number of font size hacks,
but all i can say is, they seem to be okay, since the result is exactly the
same as if you hadn't set a font size at all -- beauty!!

rudy