[thelist] calling a php page after a static HTML page loads?

Keith cache at dowebscentral.com
Wed Jan 15 13:27:03 CST 2003

At 09:44 AM Tuesday 1/14/2003, you wrote:

>What I have is a order confirmation page. I have a cookie in JS in
>this page that has built a url like so:
>
>mypage.php?track=true;id1=5&id5=6
>
>I need to track this info. The confirmation page is NOT a php page at
>all. All I can do is manipulate JS/HTML code in that page.

If all you want to do is record the info and not leave the confirmation
page, just send your url through a "hole in the page"

On the confirmation page
<iframe name=hole style="display:none"></iframe>

Use onload='hole.location="mypage.php?track=true;id1=5&id5=6"'

have your php return just one byte, or even an onload=alert("Your order was
recorded")

Only wrx in modern browsers, so judge your audience!

Keith
cache at dowebscentral.com