[thelist] Weird window targetting problem with javascript links

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Wed Jan 15 17:33:02 CST 2003

Roger Ly wrote:

> Interesting.  Is it just a bug then that when I call
> javascript:alert(window.name); on the new window, that the new window
> becomes something that I can target properly again?

    So you are calling the alert method from the browser's address bar? If
so, perhaps by doing that the browser window switches its domain context
from PayPal's back to yours. But since Microsoft doesn't spell out too many
of the details about how they implement their security model in the browser,
this is only guessing.

James Aylard
jaylard at members.evolt.org