[thelist] server monitoring with pretty pictures

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Wed Jan 15 19:01:02 CST 2003

[Aleem Bawany commented on 1/15/03 6:24 PM]

>> I'm looking for a reliable service that will ping at least
>> the http services (would be nice if it could check smtp,
>> pop, imap and other arbitrary services) on my servers and
>> give me some pretty pictures or stats that I can show to
>> clients and prospective clients.
>
> for webserver uptimes, you could try netcraft.com
> goto what's that site running and add your site for
> monitoring

thanks for the suggestion, however this does not alert me if my site goes
down (i guess i left out that i need that). also it doesn't give me uptime
%'s. It does give me a pretty picture though! :)

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george at zettai.net