[thelist] accessible hierarchial menus

Nick Freear nfreear at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 10:22:01 CST 2003

Hi

Bit late responding and I hope I've read you right...

> Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:57:18 +0000
> From: Benjer <futureweb at macmail.com>
> To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
> Subject: [thelist] accessible hierarchial menus
>
> Well since my first use of lynx, my main concern is
a menu which has submenu's. Example should be:

> Menu
> Menu2
>    Submenu2.1
>    submenu2.2
> Menu3 etc.

> Now when its copy based how can I make it
accessible?
> In my case its using ALT tags as I've used images
which may help.

Here is how I would do nested lists - doesn't matter
if they are ordered or not, or whether the list-items
are graphics (with an ALT :o) or plain-text.

<ul>
  <li>Menu</li>
  <li>Menu2
    <ul>
      <li>Submenu2.1</li>
      <li>submenu2.2</li>
    </ul>
  </li>
<li>Menu3 etc.</li>

Hope this helps.  Good to see you're sticking up for
Lynx.

Nick Freear