[thelist] iframes?

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Thu Jan 16 14:51:01 CST 2003

> i need to implement what is basically a one-way chat. My
> client is going to
> cover a sporting event and wants a real-time log of his
> comments to show up
> on the front page of his website be scrollable.
>
> my first thought for presentation was an iframe. this will go
> inside a div
> on a page laid out in css.
>
> does anyone have any experience with this? suggestions? thanks!

I have pages running on a commercial site which update a section of their
content dynamically.  The user presses a button and I load a new page into a
*hidden* iframe and then I put certain contents of that iframe into a
visible <div>.  It works beautifully and no one has complained of any
clicking sounds. :)

The way I access the content in the new page is by putting that content into
form elements and then they are accessible via DOM in JavaScript.

Best of luck,
Hershel Robinson