[thelist] Data Entry to Web Page

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Fri Jan 17 08:10:01 CST 2003

hi michelle,

> I need some direction .. that I'm hoping someone can help me work through
> this sceario.  There are probably some good resources out there, but I'm not
> even sure what I should be searching for.
[snip]
> They don't want to have to use ANY HTML at all.  So,  I need to take the
> appropriate. This is where I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what it
> is I should be searching for within the text and how to replace it.  They've
> agreed that if an item is to be a bullet list then they will use [*] in the
> Access form to signify a list.
[snip]
> The web site is in ASP.

you might try this:
http://www.siteobjects.com/pages/soeditor.cfm
it works in ASP NET or CF, turns a textarea into a WYSIWYG window, then passes the
"html" in a hidden form field.
IE 5+ only, I believe.

i say "html" because it makes that microsoft MSHTML, which isn't exactly valid,
but heck it works ok. i'm working on cramming an xhtml converter in there now....

hth,

nagrom
http://www.morgankelsey.com/