[thelist] best way to do dynamic tabs in PHP

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Jan 21 20:13:01 CST 2003

> // test each tab to see if it is the right page
>
> if($curpage == "parties.php")
>
> And I would do this for each of the six images. This seems like lots
> of code, and I'm thinking there is a better way to do this, but I'm
> not sure what it is.

that's the best that i can think of, unless you start getting into css
equivalents to image rollovers...  ;o)

consider that once you've coded it once, you don't have to code it again,
and you can include the same code on all six pages

in other words, make your nav bar a smart include

heck, a good cut&paste search&replace text editor should make writing it
even the one time a breeze

rudy