[thelist] Log analyzer recommendations please

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Jan 22 10:43:01 CST 2003

Koutoulas, Pete <mailto:PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us> wrote:

> I need to find a good log analyzer. Anyone care to make a
> recommendation. I would prefer a product that:
>
> 	- is free or very inexpensive (for a K-12 school district)
> 	- is easy to use
> 	- creates HTML reports with nice graphs
> 	- doesn't have to have a lot of extras. We just need basic site
> stats.
>
> Thanks for any advice you may be able to offer.
>
>     [ pete ]
>
> This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public
> Schools in Lexington, KY.
> Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
> postmaster at fcps.net

nice and graphical, has an interesting take on displaying the stats:
http://www.clicktracks.com/

looks very nice, is fast, and has one really good feature and that is
that it shows all the useragent strings that have graced the site.
something our log analyzer does not do. our current log analyzer is
called Log Analyzer and it's from WebTrends.
http://www.bitstrike.com/

hth,
chris.