[thelist] semantic web

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 22 23:33:01 CST 2003

I'm taken by the whole semantic web thing and decided to
use thead, tfoot, tbody in my new template but found out
that they don't degrade since tfoot is supposed to
come before tbody and that's the order in which it's
displayed in text-based/older browsers. Does anyone use
this and why would one want to since it doesn't degrade?

Are there any other links which could walk me through
on being semantically correct. The best resource I have
found thus far is using structured content as laid out
in the W3C HTML4 specs: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/cover.html

I do the occasional reading on diveintomark and sometimes
on tantek's site (which is how I got interested in this whole
thing). Could someone share their resources on the topic and
offer tips, guides and maybe other lists where this topic
is dicussed actively.

aleem

[ http://members.evolt.org/aleem/ ]