[thelist] horiz scrollbar only on overflow div

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 05:11:01 CST 2003

> > >except in IE/win, which insists on adding a vertical scrollbar,
> > >ostensibly to make up for the space the horizontal scrollbar is
> > >occupying...
> >
> > Err..no, overflow: auto works as advertised in IE Win.
>
>visit this in IE/win (5.5 is what i have here):
>http://roselli.org/adrian/articles/style_switcher.asp
>
>completely unecessary vertical scrollbars... even added padding to
>try to override it...

Hmmm...yes, I see what you mean. I thought you meant unnecessary horizontal
ones, but they are necessary.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
W3C DOM Compatibility Table, expanded & updated
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?version5.html