[thelist] how to set text-flow in css

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Jan 23 07:55:01 CST 2003

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, and to Anthony for the links.

I had tried using lists first, but this gives two problems:

firstly they add a margin to the left of the dot, so I added
ul {
margin: 15;
}
to my style-sheet, but this doesn't work in NS4.

Secondly they add quite a bit of overhead to my code, the actual code is
like this now:

So instead of adding list mark-up to all these (many) links, I'd have
preferred adding something to the stylesheet for "a", to stop it wrapping
under the dot. Something like this:

a{
    wrap-under-dot:none;
}

yet sadly that doesn't work.
If the "don't wrap under dot" css only worked in the main browsers that
would be ok.

Richard.