[thelist] News Item: Major Security Flaw in CVS

shawn allen shawn at alterior.net
Thu Jan 23 13:29:21 CST 2003

quoth James Aylard:
> If this has made the rounds on this list, I missed it, although I'm
> sure it's all over the place elsewhere by now:
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-1001-981830.html
>
> Not to start a flame war, I do hope that this brings a bit of balance to
> the commercial vs. open source debate.

Huh? The CVS developers released a patch on the *day* this was released.
When's the last time any commercial vendor released a vulerability patch
so quickly?

And who's to say that there aren't many more such vulnerabilities in
commercial packages that we don't know about?

--
shawn allen
  mailto://shawn@alterior.net