[thelist] Webmail client

Christopher Joseph christopher at ideadesigners.com
Fri Jan 24 07:20:00 CST 2003

Liam Delahunty wrote:
>> Christopher Joseph wrote:
>
> <quote>
>> Can anyone recommend a good web based email client. I have access to PHP
>> or Perl (or A.N.Other CGI), Apache 1.3x and MySQL. The mail servers I
>> wish to connect to are POP3 boxes.
>>
>> One thing to bear in mind is that (as list members know) high volumn
>> email accounts keep on building up and SO:
>>
>> 1. I would like to be able to store the massages taken from the mail
>> server in the web mail client.
>> 2. Download the stored mail messages from the web mail client to my
>> mozilla mail at a later date.
>
> </quote>
>
> I'm not entirely sure what you mean in points 1 & 2.

I have a 10 meg limit on my mailserver for my mail box and I am
occasionally away for a week or two every now and then . If I use the
webmail to access my mail it doesn't clear down the mailbox (and I am
afraid I am one of those people that likes to keep ALL my messages). So
I am looking for a web mail client that will temporarily download all
mail to the hosting space in some format that I can later extract or
export to Mozilla mail.

Thanks for your recommendations I will review the sites with interest.

--
Christopher Joseph

http://www.ideadesigners.com  [iseries & web technologies]
mailto: christopher at ideadesigners.com