[thelist] Webmail client

Nancy McGough nm-this-address-is-valid at no.sp.am
Sun Jan 26 07:55:01 CST 2003

On 24 Jan 2003 Hugh Blair (hblair at hotfootmail.com) wrote:

> > I have a 10 meg limit on my mailserver for my mail box and I am
> > occasionally away for a week or two every now and then .
> > I am looking for a web mail client that will temporarily download all
> > mail to the hosting space in some format that I can later extract or
> > export to Mozilla mail.
>
> If your host doesn't have email accounts, you could look in to
> getting another host. There are other options - like an online email
> account with larger space than 10 meg at not too high prices, like
> $27/year for IMAP and POP mail with 20 meg space.

I agree with Hugh that there are lots of options for dealing with
your email when you're on the road. And IMHO IMAP is the key,
both for when you're traveling and for when you're at home. I
discuss why I think IMAP is great and list lots of IMAP
providers, many of which are free, here:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/imap/isps/>

BTW, this page has gotten way to big and I know I need to
reorganize it and probably split it into a number of different
pages so please don't be put off by the layout of the page!

Thanks and good luck with your email,
Nancy

--
--  I N F I N I T E  I N K    www.ii.com    N A N C Y  M c G O U G H  --