[thelist] Uploading files from an HTML form ????

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Mon Jan 27 15:02:01 CST 2003

Hello all,

Client wants an "Articles" section of their site with a list of links to PDF
files.  Each article will contain a title, a short description, and a link.
Client wants to add/delete/hide articles at their own whim, so I'll make the
titles, descriptions, and links to file location (file name) database
driven.  One table will indicate status.  Management of this simple little
system to be entirely web based.

This is all fine and dandy... no problems.  But here's the question: Client
does not want to use FTP to get PDF;s from their desktops to the remote web
server.  They want to upload PDF's from the same web based form from which
they manage titles and descriptions.  In other words, the form needs to have
the option to upload a file based on what file the user chooses from their
own network.

Host company uses JMail to manage forms.  How would I go about doing this...
what problems will I run into?  What questions do I need to ask the host
company?  How do I configure the HTML form?

Thanks,

Casey