[thelist] CF: Is CFMAIL buggy?

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Tue Jan 28 08:16:58 CST 2003

josh,

> Recently, I've heard people make mention that CFMAIL is buggy on production
> websites.  That is contrary to my experience thus far for normal (not mass
> mailing) mail features.  Does anybody have any real-life experience where
> CFMAIL is buggy under heavy or light use?

under light use no, but under heavy (over 1000 messages) i've had it behave
erratically in cf5--sometimes it would be fine, others it would seem to stop
somewhere towad the end.

cameron childress did a presentation at cfnorth last year on cfmail, his
recommendation was to keep lists to 1000 or less when using cfmail. he also said
for larger hits, you may want to write the emails as static text files, and then
move them to the spool folder.

probably best would be to write a routine that did it in batches of 5000 or so.

hth,

nagrom
http://morgankelsey.com/